A enjoyable and innovative manner for children and different rookies to take their first steps programming on a Raspberry Pi.
Purchase of the print ebook incorporates a unfastened booklet in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
The Raspberry Pi is a small, reasonably cheap machine invented to inspire experimentation. The Pi is a snap to establish, and utilizing the loose Python programming language, you could learn how to create games, keep watch over robots, and even perhaps write courses to do your math homework!
About the Book
Hello Raspberry Pi! is a enjoyable manner for children to take their first steps programming on a Raspberry Pi. First, you find the right way to organize and navigate the Pi. subsequent, start Python programming through studying simple strategies with enticing demanding situations and video games. This ebook provides an advent to machine programming as you achieve the boldness to discover, study, and create by yourself. The final a part of the e-book introduces you to the realm of desktop keep an eye on of actual items, the place you create interactive initiatives with lighting, buttons, and sounds.
About the Reader
To use this e-book, you will have a Raspberry Pi starter package, keyboard, mouse, and video display. No programming event needed.
Table of Contents
- Meet Raspberry Pi
- Exploring Python
- Silly Sentence Generator 3000: developing interactive programs
- Norwegian Blue parrot online game: including good judgment to programs
- Raspi's Cave Adventure
- Blinky Pi
- Light Up Guessing Game
- DJ Raspi
PART 1 GETTING all started 1
PART 2 twiddling with PYTHON
PART three PI AND PYTHON PROJECTS
- Raspberry Pi troubleshooting
- Raspberry Pi ports and legacy boards
- Solutions to bankruptcy challenges
- Raspberry Pi projects
By Shon Harris
THE most modern concepts FOR UNCOVERING modern day so much DEVASTATING ATTACKS
Thwart malicious community intrusion by utilizing state of the art suggestions for locating and solving protection flaws. totally up to date and improved with 9 new chapters, Gray Hat Hacking: the moral Hacker's Handbook, 3rd version information the latest vulnerabilities and treatments besides felony disclosure equipment. examine from the specialists how hackers objective structures, defeat construction schemes, write malicious code, and make the most flaws in home windows and Linux structures. Malware research, penetration checking out, SCADA, VoIP, and internet protection also are lined during this accomplished source.
- Develop and release exploits utilizing go into reverse and Metasploit
- Employ actual, social engineering, and insider assault recommendations
- Build Perl, Python, and Ruby scripts that begin stack buffer overflows
- Understand and forestall malicious content material in Adobe, place of work, and multimedia records
- Detect and block client-side, internet server, VoIP, and SCADA assaults
- Reverse engineer, fuzz, and decompile home windows and Linux software program
- Develop SQL injection, cross-site scripting, and forgery exploits
- Trap malware and rootkits utilizing honeypots and SandBoxes
By Dave Taylor
Think your Mac is strong now? This functional advisor exhibits you ways to get even more out of your approach via tapping into Unix, the powerful working approach hid underneath OS X’s attractive consumer interface. OS X places greater than 1000 Unix instructions at your fingertips—for discovering and dealing with documents, remotely gaining access to your Mac from different pcs, and utilizing freely downloadable open resource applications.
If you’re an skilled Mac consumer, this up-to-date variation teaches you all of the easy instructions you want to start with Unix. You’ll quickly the right way to achieve actual keep an eye on over your system.
- Get your Mac to just do what you will want, if you want
- Make adjustments in your Mac’s filesystem and directories
- Use Unix’s locate, find, and grep instructions to find documents containing particular information
- Create particular "super instructions" to accomplish projects that you just specify
- Run a number of Unix courses and procedures on the comparable time
- Access distant servers and have interaction with distant filesystems
- Install the X Window process and research the easiest X11 applications
- Take benefit of command-line positive factors that allow you to shorten repetitive tasks
By Kevin M. White, Gordon DavissonThis can be the reputable curriculum of the Apple Yosemite one hundred and one: OS X help necessities 10.10 direction and instruction for Apple qualified aid expert (ACSP) 10.10 certification–as good as a top-notch primer for someone who must help, troubleshoot, or optimize OS X Yosemite. This advisor offers finished assurance of Yosemite and is a part of the Apple seasoned education series–the simply Apple-certified books the marketplace. Designed for help technicians, support table experts, and ardent Mac clients, this consultant takes you deep contained in the Yosemite working approach. Readers will locate in-depth, step by step guide on every thing from fitting and configuring Yosemite to coping with networks and approach management. no matter if you run a working laptop or computer lab or an IT division, you’ll discover ways to manage clients, configure method personal tastes, deal with protection and permissions, use diagnostic and service instruments, troubleshoot peripheral units, and more–all in your option to getting ready for the industry-standard ACSP certification.
- Covers up to date process utilities and new positive factors of OS X Yosemite.
- Features authoritative reasons of underlying applied sciences, troubleshooting, process management, and masses more.
- Focused classes take you step-by-step via sensible, real-world tasks.
- Lesson records and bonus fabric on hand for download–including lesson assessment questions summarizing what you’ve realized to arrange you for the Apple certification exam.
By John Arundel
Build trustworthy, scalable, safe, and high-performance structures to totally make the most of the facility of cloud computing
- Use Puppet three to take keep an eye on of your servers and pcs, with specified step by step instructions
- Covers all of the well known instruments and frameworks used with Puppet: Dashboard, Foreman, MCollective, and more
- Teaches you the way to increase Puppet with customized capabilities, forms, and providers
- Packed with suggestions and encouraging principles for utilizing Puppet to automate server builds, deployments, and workflows
A revolution is going on in internet operations. Configuration administration instruments can construct servers in seconds, and automate all of your community. instruments like Puppet are necessary to taking complete good thing about the facility of cloud computing, and development trustworthy, scalable, safe, high-performance platforms. increasingly more structures management and IT jobs require a few wisdom of configuration administration, and particularly Puppet.
"Puppet three Cookbook" takes you past the fundamentals to discover the total energy of Puppet, exhibiting you intimately the right way to take on numerous real-world difficulties and functions. At each step it indicates you precisely what instructions you want to variety, and contains complete code samples for each recipe.
The e-book takes the reader from a uncomplicated wisdom of Puppet to a whole and professional realizing of Puppet’s most modern and so much complicated positive aspects, group most sensible practices, writing nice manifests, scaling and function, and increasing Puppet by means of including your personal prone and assets. It begins with information on easy methods to manage and extend your Puppet infrastructure, then progresses via special details at the language and lines, exterior instruments, reporting, tracking, and troubleshooting, and concludes with many particular recipes for coping with well known applications.
The publication comprises genuine examples from creation structures and strategies which are in use in the various world’s greatest Puppet installations, together with a disbursed Puppet structure in response to the Git model regulate process. It covers universal difficulties and mistakes and indicates you the way to troubleshoot your Puppet manifests. You’ll be brought to strong instruments that paintings with Puppet similar to Hiera and MCollective. You’ll easy methods to use objection orientation and periods to write down robust, reusable manifests, and the way to embed Ruby code in templates. You’ll how you can expand Puppet with customized source varieties and prone. The publication additionally explains handling Rails functions and databases, construction net servers, load balancers, high-availability platforms with Heartbeat, and plenty of different cutting-edge techniques.
What you'll examine from this book
- Install and organize Puppet for the 1st time
- Manage huge networks with instruments like Foreman and MCollective
- Take keep watch over of configuration facts with Hiera and encrypting secrets and techniques with GnuPG
- Produce trustworthy, fresh, maintainable code to neighborhood criteria with puppet-lint and rspec-puppet
- Use periods and inheritance to write down strong Puppet code
- Deploy configuration documents and templates for lightning-fast installations
- Use digital machines to construct try and staging environments, and construction structures on cloud systems similar to EC2
- Automate each point of your platforms together with provisioning, deployment, and alter management
By Ryan C. Barnett
Defending your net purposes opposed to hackers and attackers
The top-selling booklet Web program Hacker's Handbook confirmed how attackers and hackers establish and assault weak reside internet functions. This new Web software Defender's Cookbook is the proper counterpoint to that booklet: it indicates you ways to defend. Authored through a hugely credentialed shielding safeguard specialist, this new booklet info shielding safety equipment and will be used as courseware for education community defense group of workers, internet server directors, and safety consultants.
Each "recipe" indicates you the way to notice and guard opposed to malicious habit and offers operating code examples for the ModSecurity internet software firewall module. subject matters comprise determining vulnerabilities, atmosphere hacker traps, protecting diversified entry issues, imposing software flows, and masses more.
- Provides sensible strategies for detecting internet assaults and malicious habit and protecting opposed to them
- Written by way of a preeminent authority on internet program firewall expertise and internet program security tactics
- Offers a chain of "recipes" that come with operating code examples for the open-source ModSecurity internet software firewall module
Find the instruments, recommendations, and specialist info you want to observe and reply to internet software assaults with Web software Defender's Cookbook: fighting Hackers and retaining Users.
By Yaron Minsky, Anil Madhavapeddy, Jason Hickey
This fast-moving instructional introduces you to OCaml, an industrial-strength programming language designed for expressiveness, security, and pace. in the course of the book’s many examples, you’ll fast find out how OCaml sticks out as a device for writing speedy, succinct, and readable platforms code.
Real global OCaml takes you thru the techniques of the language at a brisk velocity, after which is helping you discover the instruments and strategies that make OCaml a good and functional device. within the book’s 3rd part, you’ll delve deep into the main points of the compiler toolchain and OCaml’s easy and effective runtime system.
- Learn the principles of the language, akin to higher-order features, algebraic info forms, and modules
- Explore complex positive factors similar to functors, top notch modules, and objects
- Leverage middle, a entire general-purpose general library for OCaml
- Design potent and reusable libraries, profiting from OCaml’s method of abstraction and modularity
- Tackle functional programming difficulties from command-line parsing to asynchronous community programming
- Examine profiling and interactive debugging innovations with instruments corresponding to GNU gdb
By William von Hagen, Brian K. JonesI even have this ebook in EPUB and PDF as retail (no conversion).
Today's process directors take care of an unlimited variety of occasions, working structures, software program applications, and difficulties. those who find themselves within the recognize have stored their reproduction of Linux Server Hacks shut handy to ease their burden. And whereas this is helping, it's now not sufficient: any sys admin is familiar with there are lots of extra hacks, cool suggestions, and methods of fixing difficulties than can slot in a unmarried quantity (one that mere mortals can raise, that is).
that is why we created Linux Server Hacks, quantity Two, a moment selection of awfully beneficial information and methods for locating and utilizing dozens of open resource instruments you could observe to resolve your sys admin difficulties. the ability and adaptability of Linux and Open resource signifies that there's an excellent volume of significant software program in the market ready to be utilized for your sys admin difficulties -- if merely you knew approximately it and had sufficient info to start. consequently, Linux Server Hacks, quantity Two.
this convenient reference bargains a hundred thoroughly new server administration suggestions and strategies designed to enhance your productiveness and sharpen your administrative abilities. every one hack represents a shrewdpermanent technique to accomplish a particular job, saving you numerous hours of looking for the best resolution. not more sifting via guy pages, HOWTO web content, or resource code reviews -- the single source you would like is correct the following. and also you don't need to be a procedure administrator with 1000s of boxen to get whatever valuable from this booklet as a number of the hacks observe both good to a unmarried procedure or a house network.
Compiled via specialists, those hacks not just provide the step by step directions essential to enforce the software program, yet in addition they give you the context to really assist you study the expertise. themes comprise:
* distant GUI connectivity
* garage administration
* dossier sharing and synchronizing assets
* Security/lockdown guideline
* Log records and tracking
* method rescue, restoration, and service
whether or not they assist you get well misplaced facts, acquire details from disbursed consumers, or synchronize administrative environments, the suggestions present in Linux Server Hacks, quantity Two will simplify your lifestyles as a procedure administrator.
Weighing in from the state of the art frontiers of technological know-how, today’s so much forward-thinking minds discover the increase of “machines that think.”
Stephen Hawking lately made headlines through noting, “The improvement of complete synthetic intelligence might spell the top of the human race.” Others, conversely, have trumpeted a brand new age of “superintelligence” during which clever units will exponentially expand human capacities. not only a topic of science-fiction fable (2001, Blade Runner, The Terminator, Her, etc.), it's time to heavily reflect on the truth of clever know-how, many kinds of that are already being built-in into our day-by-day lives. In that spirit, John Brockman, writer of facet. org (“the world’s smartest site” – The Guardian), requested the world’s such a lot influential scientists, philosophers, and artists considered one of today’s such a lot consequential questions: What do you consider machines that think?